FAMILY TIME and PUMPKINS
It is difficult to get everyone in a picture all together.
Someone has to hold the camera.
Joshua, Paul, Leah, and Samuel
Leah loves flowers.
Fall is such a wonderful time of year.
Pumpkins are growing and the air is crisp. The colors of the trees are beautiful. It seems like the Lord is winding down the summer season to prepare for a long winter.
This is my first video post:)
The other day, Steve decided to plant some grass seed in our backyard. We have a few areas that seem to collect a lot of water. Most of our yard is shaded from the neighbors' trees and it is difficult to keep those areas with grass. Not to mension the fact that the yard gets a lot of traffic from various activities. Then there is the dog. She is a beagle and she loves to dig.
Anyway, Leah has a wonderful helping heart attitude. She always wants to help with whatever we do. She just jumps right in and gets her hands dirty. She doesn't care what it is. This time she just started helping daddy. "I'm helping." she says as she starts working. It is such a difficult thing for me to let her help. Most of the time, I'm afraid she will make a mess, or get hurt, or something. There is always something. My boys never really jumped in like she does. She is the first. And now that I have four children and I really need the help, I am a little more likely to accept the assistance. How else is she going to learn? How else are they going to learn?
The other day, Steve decided to plant some grass seed in our backyard. We have a few areas that seem to collect a lot of water. Most of our yard is shaded from the neighbors' trees and it is difficult to keep those areas with grass. Not to mension the fact that the yard gets a lot of traffic from various activities. Then there is the dog. She is a beagle and she loves to dig.
Anyway, Leah has a wonderful helping heart attitude. She always wants to help with whatever we do. She just jumps right in and gets her hands dirty. She doesn't care what it is. This time she just started helping daddy. "I'm helping." she says as she starts working. It is such a difficult thing for me to let her help. Most of the time, I'm afraid she will make a mess, or get hurt, or something. There is always something. My boys never really jumped in like she does. She is the first. And now that I have four children and I really need the help, I am a little more likely to accept the assistance. How else is she going to learn? How else are they going to learn?
I want to be a great mother. I want to have children that love the Lord and love people. I want to give them a heart for serving others. I want them to look for opportunities and not shy away from them. I want them to want to sweat! How else do we teach them that unless they are in it? So...I need to let them help. I need to include them in all that I do.
It makes me smile to know that the Lord has given me children. I have learned so many valuable lessons from each one of them. I wonder if I actually learn more from them than they learn from me. I guess I just have to keep planting seeds.
Psalm 107:37 " And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase."

No comments:
Post a Comment